Sunday, November 30, 2008

YouTube



What to say about YouTube? Of all the 23 Things, I was perhaps most familiar with this Thing, simply because my 13 year old seems to spend hours on this site every day. She regularly calls me to check out some new, funny video. When a friend comes over, they always disappear into our office to share new finds/giggle/watch their favs repeatedly.

However, I like You Tube--for now at least--for what I can find from my childhood. Favorites include the SchoolHouse Rock series. Who can resist the catchy tunes and lyrics of this classic, "Lolly Lolly Lolly Get Your Adverbs Here"? And I love the simple clips explaining history, especially, "The Shot Heard Round the World" describing the start of the American Revolution.

IMO, the smart teacher of today would be mining these classics for use in the classroom. These productions are timeless!

No comments: